Tuesday, November 18, 2008

college

So, I am confident no one reads this because I haven't written on it for a very, very long time. More or less since I went to Africa. But I just got an email from Mary Williams telling me to read hers, so I thought-what the heck?-why not start mine back up again. Journal writing has pretty much disappeared anyways, so this'll be good for me. 

Cornell is fabulous. I can't imagine going anywhere else. It'll be so weird to go home this Christmas. I tend to forget there's a world outside of our little haven here. I'm not sure how the admissions office managed to get so many nice, down to earth people here, but they did. I love the girls on my dorm floor and my roommate, Lizzie, is pretty fantastic. I love her to death. Andrew is the awesome guy I'm dating. We're together an awful lot. In fact, the other day it dawned on me that since we got together, there hasn't been a single day I haven't seen him. Slightly ridiculous perhaps. It's pretty easy to see just about everyone, everyday here. The school is so small and compact that you can't help but run into everyone. 

My life pretty much consists of studying, working in the library, studying, working on music (voice,choir,piano), studying, eating, occasionally working out, studying, watching a movie or two, playing on my new MAC (!!!!), studying, and uh I guess that's about it. A pretty darn decent life.  Oh, and praying to the angel Moroni (pronounced-Moronee), sorry only Andrew would get that, but he doesn't read this anyways. 

It's amazing how quickly we can adjust to a new way of life. It feels like I've been here forever. I can't believe it's only been a few months. The people here feel like family and my dorm feels more like my room than the room I lived in for two years in Utah. It's hard to imagine living elsewhere. 

However, the best things about Cornell are probably the Chai in the library, wireless internet, granola w/rice and soymilk everyday, having a work out room, and the tiny town feel. 

It's amazing how much college changes you. It's such a different way of life. I guess it's inevitable. Ok, enough journal writing for me today. 

4 comments:

Kerry said...

I read your blog....my blog letes me know when someone has updated their blog so I don't have to check all the time to see if they've added something new. I love to read what you're up to! Love you! Auntie Kerry

Mary R. said...

Hey cutie! I love reading what you're up to, too! Life sounds good for you right now :) I'm so excited to see you again at Christmas! I'm glad my e-mail was able to inspire you to blog again ;) haha Love ya Annie!!!
Mary

Silly Teacher said...

mmmm I read it!

Silly Teacher said...

mmmm I read it!